Saturday, June 23, 2012

Repetition in the garden

Repetition unifies the garden space. Last year we visited someone else's garden where I saw repeated waves of beebalm, larkspur, daylilies, and daisies, as well as creeping Jenny (groundcover). It gave me an idea for my own garden.

The first five photos are from her garden, where 'Becky' shasta daisies, yellow daylilies, larkspur, and beebalm are among the repeaters shown.





Lovely hostas as well. Everyone should have both a sun and a shade garden.
















Some of the repetition in my garden:

 I already had lots of coneflowers interspersed throughout the cottage garden, rocky garden, and the border gardens. Here are a few photos showing my coneflowers in various locations at Sunsplash Gardens.














Last fall I sprinkled beebalm seeds in several areas of the garden to give me more repetition in the garden. Following are a few pictures of my beebalm interspersed with other flowers in the cottage garden.




















Red  and purple make a stunning color combination.







Just a cute kitty pic! This is my Gracie, a Ragdoll. Isn't she beautiful? (She's sweet too!)


Do you use the principle of repetition in your gardens?

"If you've never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden." ~Robert Brault


"Take they plastic spade,
It is they pencil; take thy seeds, thy plants,
They are they colours." ~William Mason, The English Garden, 1782

Thanks for visiting!

Beth


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails